P O Box 541
Port Aransas, Texas
Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce
|Outboard Fishing Tournament
|1. Additional rules will be provided at registration
2. Pre-Registration is $ 80.00 per angler & includes white short sleeve t-shirt. At the Door Registration is $ 85.00 per angler & includes white short sleeve t-shirt. Registration hours are: 6:00 to 10:00 pm Friday July 24 at the Civic Center.
3. Fishing hours are Saturday and Sunday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
4. Catches must be brought in by boat to the official weigh station at the City Docks and registered by 5:00 pm each day. The weigh station will be open from noon until 5:00 pm.
5. Registrants must deliver their catches to the judges at the weigh station the day the catch was made.
6. No Redfish over 28" or under 20" will be weighed in.
7. Outboards only are eligible. No inboards, inboard-outboards, jet powered or airboats permitted. No sailboats permitted.
8. Fish must be caught by rod and reel. There is no limit on line size.
9. Fish that have been mutilated will be disqualified. Gaff marks are not considered mutilations. Sharks only may be shot with firearms before being boated.
10. Boats are not allowed to stay out overnight.
11. No boats allowed to leave harbor before 5:00 am.
12. All boats must launch from the Port Aransas City Marina. Boats may not be traveled to other locations to fish.
13. In case of a tie in weight, the winning fish will be chosen on a basis of greater length. Decision of the tournament officials will be final.
14. Should weather necessitate the Coast Guard placing a small craft advisories up, adequate rule changes will be announced by the Fire Dept. Auxiliary.
15. First and second place trophies will be awarded to the individual fisherman who weighs in the largest entry of eligible fish species caught during the tournament.
16. Award given for the most unusual species caught during the tournament on officials' decision only.
17. Trophies will be presented to the winners on Sunday, July 19 at 7:00 pm
18. No boats may leave area water to fish for tournament. Any boat leaving area will be disqualified.
19. Marlin and sailfish are catch and release only. If these fish are brought to the dock, they will be disqualified.